So I drove out to Elbow falls. The roads weren't as bad as I thought. I left Markus a birthday card there. I picture a breeze coming along and picking it up and delivering it to him where ever is. I have cried a few times today. I think I cried more this birthday then the last one. I really really miss him. It took 4 hours to drive there and back. All along I thought of him. By my memory of him does that make him real? Every thought good and bad does that make him alive? I am thinking about making a cake today just to say Happy birthday. Maybe it sounds really weird to people to make a cake for a dead persons birthday but that dead person is Markus my brother.
There is something amazing about the silence you get when you stand over a water fall. You can't hear the waterfall until your almost on it. Over top of it there is a beautiful loud noise but take a couple steps back and it vanishes. There was lots of steam coming off the river and it was beautiful. I walked up stream from the river and I couldn't help thinking that this part of the river doesn't know its about to fall down a water fall. It was bubbling along as rivers do being a river and it had no clue it was going to fall. After the water fall though you see it, the river, it just keeps going bubbling along. Even though it falls it continues being a river.
Anyways Markus, I love you
Happy Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://fightagainstdrugs.ca/
ReplyDeleteTake a look at George Chavalo and his story. A tragic loss of lives due to addictions. He is an inspiration in going on after the loss. I hope to get to meet him next spring.
Take care.
It's been a long time since I've looked at your page, but I just wanted to say hi. It was recently the 2nd anniversary of Kate's death, and I spent the day sleeping and dreaming of her. I hope you are doing ok.
ReplyDelete