Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Grandmother


We packed up our car and went to St. Laurent this summer for a family reunion. My grandparents celebrated there 70th wedding anniversary. 70 years of being married to somebody. People barely make it to 70 years of being alive. When I was there I noticed how old all my grandparents looked. They should my Grandfather is 97 and my Grandmother is in her late 80's . I think 86 or 88. I always thought my Grandfather would pass away first as he was older. He looks tired.

I just got a call a hour ago. My Grandmother has had a heart attack and she has passed away. When Tim and I pulled away to head home from St. Laurent I looked at Tim and said "I think that is the last time I am going to see my Grandparents alive". Even though they lived a long life it still hurts. I knew I had to cope with death again as it is a part of life. Its not like I could go the rest of my life with no one else passing on.

My grandmother had 14 children. 10 boys 4 girls. She worked hard and had little. Her family was a big part of her life. She had a big heart. With almost 200 people coming from those 2 people to live on the legacy. My grandmother gave me a ring. It was her ring. I was the only granddaughter born in October. Grandma I think you deserve the rest now. I will never forget you.

My heart aches. It really does.

Anyways Grandma, I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment